Trekking: Sirao Peak

6:08 PM

Who would have thought that a chubby but sickly weakling like me would be able to reach the top of the mountain. Despite of being asthmatic, I took the challenge and succeed. It might be a dream but yes, a dream made into reality. 

The face of success

Last Feb. 22, I was able to reach one of the well-known peaks in Cebu, Sirao Peak. The journey was never an easy one. You need to cross a river full of big rocks, climbs on those rocks, made way across the forest and walk through the grassland. The trail will make you sweat so much and will make you exert more of your energy. I wasn't able to prepare my body for that. Because my body has low stamina, I end up catching my breath and be at the end of the line.

My friends and I met at Gaisano Talamban at 7am. We were able to start at journey at 8am. We needed to ride a motorcycle to reach the place called Budlaan. And there we started our trekking. At first the trail was very smooth and plain. Then, we pass through the river with lots of rocks, big rocks. We stop at the falls at 11am to have our break/lunch. There we dipped ourselves at the cold and fresh water. We resumed the journey at 1pm. My colleagues said that we were just 1/4 of the trail. I thought what they said was a joke, but they sure were right. The trail became hard, easy, tiring and steep. We were able to make some stops so we can rest for 15-30 minutes. The hardest of the journey was reaching the top. It was hard because the trail was full of rocks in the steep mountain. It was very tiring. I had to stop even though I only took 10 steps. When reaching the top, it was heaven! I was like asdfghjkl.  I'm all out of words. Seeing the beautiful nature was a WOW! I shout my heart out. :D (Yeah, I did the very noisy, annoying, whining shout) We stop at the peak for 2 hours and then we waited for the sunset. The view was great! If I will be asked to go back there, I definitely would. But first, let me exercise more so I can catch with the pros. :)



There's more to come. :D 

The sunset

The cornfield trail

The rocky rocks trail
 
After the big falls, there lies a mini falls

A 15-minute stop over

The view is asdfghjkl :D 

The rocky rocks difficult trail

The big falls where we dip ourselves
The peak selfie with the gang
 
At the falls selfie

The peak! We made it! :D Hoooraaaaaaaah!

(c) to my colleagues for the picture

You Might Also Like

0 Shout Out! :D

Popular Posts

Personal - Top Blogs Philippines

Moi Hearties

BC Bloggers

BC_BLOGGERS