LIST: 10 STRUGGLES OF BEING A LEFTY

1:03 AM

On this day mark the celebration of the chosen people. Out of the billion population, only 10 % belongs to the group of left handed people. And I am proud to say I am one of the chosen one. 

Left Handers Day is celebrated on the 13th of August. Today marks the 21st annual celebration for the lefties. According to lefthandersday.com,it is opportunity for left-handers everywhere to celebrate their uniqueness in "Lefty Zones" and increase public awareness of the "struggles left-handers are forced to deal with on a day-to-day basis."

Many says that being a lefty is awesome. You look unique. They say lefties are creative. You, together with famous people like Pres. Obama, Sir Isaac Newton, Prince William of England, Oprah Winfrey and Marilyn Monroe, are amazing. 

But you never know the struggle of the lefties. 

Here's 10 struggles lefties always experience (most of the time)

1. Writing on spiral notebooks



2. Sitting on a school arm chair



3. Writing on binders



4. Using can openers



5. Messing up with pen smugdes



6. Bumping elbows with righties



7. Cutting with scissors



8. Making check marks 




9. Setting up tables in the opposite side



10. Being questioned if I am writing using my left hand



(cr to the owner for the pictures)


You Might Also Like

15 Shout Out! :D

  1. I think school chair is no longer a problem because there are available chairs for left handed kids in school. I have a friend who is left handed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter is lefty and she claims taking down notes really hurts her left hand because of the spring, ever since then she either writes on the back part or we get her a notebook that doesn't have a spring. It's cute when we eat at Japanese restaurants, she can only hold the chopsticks using her left hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know being left-handed is difficult also for guitarists, so they have to string their guitars differently. It's cool to see left-handed guitarists. Also, most left-handed friends I know have good penmanship.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My friend is a lefty, its so cute watching her peel the mango. Its kinda scary watching her at first then I was kinda imitating and use my left hand but I wasn't successful. Thanks for sharing Sis
    www.sweetcuisinera.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL for the last one! I hope they would make items for left-handed especially the arm chair in schools and the scissors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The 10 is epic. HAHAH . I had a lot of friends who are left handed. Will be showing this to them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not a lefty, but half of my family is (my mom, brother and sister) and although I can't remember them complaining, I did notice they experienced most of the struggles you mentioned. However, like you, they simply accepted their uniqueness. Oh yeah, they're creative as well ☺ Belated Happy Left-Handers Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember my sister was a left handed before. My mother forced her to use her right hand because she said it's not easy being a left-handed. So my sister have no choice but to learn to write using her right hand. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a proud lefty. I'm surprised to know that Pres. Obama and Oprah are also lefties (and the other influential people you mentioned). I can relate to the said "struggles" but those aren't really much for me. I don't find them too hard.
    When you're a lefty, chances are the right hemisphere of your brain is more active than the left. The right hemisphere is more on Holistic Thinking Mode compared to the Linear Thinking Mode of the left hemisphere. It's not true for all lefties though, but in my case it is. I'm more on the creative side.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is something I would never understand as I am not a leftie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so get you as I'm a lefty also. However nowadays there are also many tailored stuff like scissors for left handers which I find is really good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't relate since I'm not a leftie but I have this thinking that lefties are intelligent and creative people.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a left handed classmate. When we are on our 5th grade, he is lucky that there is one arm chair for left handed but he was forced to use the regular arm chair because his seatmate can copy his answers during exams.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Left-handed have good penmanship, I have known lefties with very nice hand writing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. lefty represented! It's difficult to write on the black/whiteboard too.

    ReplyDelete

Comment here :)

Popular Posts

Personal - Top Blogs Philippines

Moi Hearties

BC Bloggers

BC_BLOGGERS